Your headshots are a representation of your brand. Whether your brand is clothing, jewelry, a doctor, etc, and or just you being yourself, it’s a chance for you to showcase yourself in a professional manner without losing your personality.
When I shoot headshots, I will spend about an hour to two hours with my client. In preparation for our shoot, I’ll scope out locations. And if you prefer indoor, we will do a background setup for your shoot.
The time spent is perfecting what you want to relay back to print. For example, my friend below works with the public, so her images were focusing on her personality and creating a vulnerability of trust through her images. Katie is outgoing and fun and wanted to make sure her personality was shown through her posing.
Whether you want to be casual, or more business in your wardrobe, its all up to you. Social media is one of the thriving forces for business nowadays, and it’s important to have the right image of your brand to help with connecting with your audiences.
There are so many different aspects we can explore to make sure that we are getting the right image for you!
Tips for a successful headshot session:
- Outfits… Bring anything you feel that you feel comfortable in and also will transform you to translate whatever your objective is. Also, remember accessories are a must. These little pieces will help tie all your looks together and also bring new life to different outfits.
- Locations… Depending on your brand, company, and or personality, we can choose indoors or outdoors.
- Makeup and Hair.. When getting your headshots done, I can recommend a few people that do hair and makeup, and or if you feel more comfortable with your finds, by all means, use them! I think that hair and makeup truly round out the session. It allows you to feel confident, and at you’re very best.
- Don’t be nervous. Photos can be daunting but this is about you. We will laugh, talk, and dance if you like! 🙂 I’ll guide you through our poses and you won’t even realize what you’re doing after a certain while. I promise 🙂
- Scheduling… We will have two dates. A rain date if by chance you are wanting an outdoor location. Depending on the wants for our shoot, we can even do two days if several locations are wanted.
[Some other examples of headshots and an idea of portrait ideas]